UKBL ~ Quality Drop Down Menu System
Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Đăng Ký
Follow us on
Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube My Space Blogger

Kết quả 1 đến 1 của 1
    Ngày tham gia
    Feb 2014
    Bài viết
    Thanks

Icon14 UKBL ~ Quality Drop Down Menu System

UKBL ~ Quality Drop Down Menu System

You wanted Drop down Menu's that were easy to install and edit, Well now you've got it

Live Demo

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Compatible with almost ALL Browsers.

Hi Guys, i've had so many messages about My "Easy Menu Tabs" and when was i going to do Dropdown Tabs, Well i've listened and now i can happily add UKBL ~ Quality Drop Down menu's to our list of modifications.

This is just so easy to edit and install, as long as you feel confident with a few simple edits and uploading a graphics file to your images directory or even your photobucket account, if you don't want to mess about uploading to your server.

UKBL ~ Quality Drop Downs sit quite happily on top of your forums accessable from all pages of the forum

They look like any bog standard Menu Nav bar but when you hover the mouse over it you'll see the dropdowns, I've uploaded a test version to my forum, Take a look for yourselves [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I've left the Top White Easy Men Bar in place also so you can compare both of them.

When you go over the menu bar the dropdowns should appear like in the picture below

See how the chosen links are highlighted

So now we come to the installation stage.

Download the dropdown.zip file below and open the VBOrg_Menu.txt file in notepad or any other text editor, as we need to edit a few files.

The first one we need to edit is the url of our Graphic File, So to cut a long story short we'll upload our graphic file to our Photobucket account, or any other account or image directory on your server, So firstly find

Code:
    PHP Code:
    /*"""""""" (MAIN) Container Edit Picture URL Here :-) """"""""*/    
        #qm0    

{    

padding:5px;

background-image:url(http://i475.photobucket.com/albums/rr114/ukbusinesslive/center_tile_blue.gif);

border-width:1px;

border-style:solid;

border-color:#eeeeee;

and this is the line we need to edit, so that it gives us a nice gradiant blue acdcross the menu bar

Code:
    PHP Code:
    background-image:url(http://i475.photobucket.com/albums/rr114/ukbusinesslive/center_tile_blue.gif);
    Just replace the url within the brackets ( ) and thats it 
    Then we go and do the menu edits, You don't want your members click on your forum menu and ending up on my site So what we need to do now is change the menu links for yours, It take about 15 min's but its not hard to do, so lets do it.....

First find where our menu starts, This will be right at the bottom of the code, The HTML part of this and the first bit we need to change starts from here...

Code:
    PHP Code:
    <li><class="qmparent" href="javascript:void(0)">MY CONTROL PANEL</a>

<
    ul>
            <
    li><a href="http://www.ukbusinesslive.co.uk/forum/profile.php?do=editavatar" title="Edit Avatar">Edit Avatar</a></li>
            <
    li><a href="http://www.ukbusinesslive.co.uk/forum/profile.php?do=editsignature" title="Edit Signature">Edit Signature</a></li>
            <
    li><a href="http://www.ukbusinesslive.co.uk/forum/profile.php?do=editoptions" title="Edit Options">Edit Options</a></li>
            <
    li><span class="qmdivider qmdividerx" ></span></li>
            <
    li><a href="http://www.ukbusinesslive.co.uk/forum/subscription.php?do=viewsubscription" title="List Subscriptions">List Subscriptions</a></li>
            </
    ul></li
    Basically each tab is made up of a block like what you see above, You have the Main Tab Description which looks like this

Code:
    PHP Code:
    <li><class="qmparent" href="javascript:void(0)">MY CONTROL PANEL</a
    and you have all the sub links underneath and they look like this...

Code:
    PHP Code:
    <li><a href="http://www.ukbusinesslive.co.uk/forum/profile.php?do=editavatar" title="Edit Avatar">Edit Avatar</a></li
    and its this one which we need to edit, basically if you want to keep the same link, all you need to do is to chasnge my url [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] to your forums URL, and thats it, your link should work for your site.

If you want to change the link altogether and put your own, then replace the full URL with one that you want and don't forget to edit the end part "Edit Avatar" as that is the title thats shown on the dropdown.

When you've finished all your editing, we need to upload this whole code to your Header Template of the Style that your Currantly using on your forum, So once you've saved your edited code, Just copy and paste directly to your Header, Go right to the end and click paste, save the template and thats it, The Graphic File which you need to upload to your server or image host is also in the zip file.

So easy and a great improvement to any VBulletin Forum

This is a Freebie for all you members on VB.org with my compliments

If anyone wants any custom menus made, Just PM me I'll help where i can, Just bear in mind a menu like this takes a good couple of hours or so, so a donation is more than welcomed

Oh almost Forgot guys,

If you like it, Please Click on Installed, as this really does motivate me to improving these hacks

UPDATE 09.02.09

Uploaded a New Zip File, Black Menu.Zip This is the same as this original except that its black for darker Websites and Forums, Instructions are the same as above, and comes complete with customised Graphics which will need to be uploaded to your /images/ directory.

UPDATE 23.02.09

For some of you Admins who prefer menu Buttons as opposed to a menu bar, i've made some buttons based on the above menu formate, You can install it by following the same instructions as the main install, Just upload the graphics and edit your menu links and thats it.

Experiment with the css to change colors width of boxes etc, Add more or as little as you want, the important thing is to have fun learning.

UPDATE: 26th April 2009

Centering the Menu so that it appears central

There has been much debate about trying to centralise the menu tabs, I didn't want to edit the code too much as this would make a mess of it in different browsers, However i've found that there is a way

The easiest way to center menu content is to place it inside of a center aligned table, as shown below:

Code:
    PHP Code:
    <table cellpadding=0 cellspacing=0 align="center"><tr><td>

----[ 
    your menu structure]----

</
    td></tr></table
    This way the menu tabs will appear central in all browsers.

Hope this helps

Enjoy
    File Kèm Theo File Kèm Theo
    Khách viếng thăm hãy cùng PandavB xây dựng diễn đàn CLBGAMESVN vững mạnh nhé!

Các Chủ đề tương tự

1. My Threads & My Posts Links in a Drop-Down Menu
    Bởi PandavB trong diễn đàn vBulletin 4.x Add-ons
    Trả lời: 0
    Bài viết cuối: 11-02-14, 10:49 AM
  2. Link down Quality Gunz (Dành cho những ai ko down đc ở trang chủ)
    Bởi vodanhlata trong diễn đàn Gunz Online
    Trả lời: 0
    Bài viết cuối: 27-06-12, 06:17 PM
  3. Xin File ENC Drop System.
    Bởi duonganhvn trong diễn đàn Hỏi Đáp/ Yêu Cầu
    Trả lời: 3
    Bài viết cuối: 09-07-11, 07:04 PM
  4. Có cái menu flash vừa làm xong, share cho ae thích thì dùng
    Bởi thecong trong diễn đàn SQL Server & Website
    Trả lời: 6
    Bài viết cuối: 24-06-11, 09:08 PM
  5. Cách Thay Style Menu MU Online
    Bởi red.ljon trong diễn đàn Hỏi Đáp/ Yêu Cầu
    Trả lời: 4
    Bài viết cuối: 15-07-10, 11:25 PM

Quyền viết bài

• Bạn Không thể gửi Chủ đề mới
  • Bạn Không thể Gửi trả lời
  • Bạn Không thể Gửi file đính kèm
  • Bạn Không thể Sửa bài viết của mình
  •  
Múi giờ GMT +7. Bây giờ là 09:57 PM.
vBulletin®, Copyright ©2000-2011, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
CLBGamesVN không chịu trách nhiệm về Luật Bản Quyền của các tài liệu, bài viết v.v...được đăng tải trên diễn đàn này.
Diễn đàn phát triển dưới sự đóng góp của tất cả thành viên. BQT chỉ là những người thành lập ra sân chơi, quản lý và duy trì về mặt kỹ thuật, nội dung khi hợp lệ.