PDA

View Full Version : DJ's AME :: The Ultimate Automatic Media Embedder :: 2.5.7

KingSky
10-02-14, 10:41 AM
From the team who brought you the blockbuster film "Yahtzee!", comes the next major motion picture about incredibly bad and arbitrary puns:

AME 2.5.7: Electric Boogaloo

<b><font color=red>[Chỉ có thành viên mới xem link được. <a href="register.php"> Nhấp đây để đăng ký thành viên......</a>]</font></b>

AME automatically embeds media in posts without the need for pesky BBCode cluttering up your editor toolbar. It's also lightweight, and saves resources that BBCode would ordinarily consume. Your users don't even have to know you have AME installed. If they share a link from YouTube, Dailymotion, Amazon, Metacafe or Vimeo, AME automatically embeds the content for them. No special code to learn. No instructions for newbies to understand.

In addition, AME allows you to create, import and export support for individual websites in the form of media definitions. These XML files expand your AME to support a limitless number of websites from around the net and let you share them with the community. We currently have around 200 media definitions collected at this repository thread (<b><font color=red>[Chỉ có thành viên mới xem link được. <a href="register.php"> Nhấp đây để đăng ký thành viên......</a>]</font></b>). If you want additional support for website not listed, please ask for it there. Odds are, we might already have one. (TIP: Be sure to check the Add-Ons section below for stuff you might miss out on, otherwise.)

CREDITS

This modification was originally built by The Geek (<b><font color=red>[Chỉ có thành viên mới xem link được. <a href="register.php"> Nhấp đây để đăng ký thành viên......</a>]</font></b>), who is no longer coding for vBulletin. We miss him. But he gave permission for someone to continue to build upon his work. All I've done is modify the code a little to support additional functionality and to provide a place to continue to support the product. The product didn't need too much tweaking, but I did manage to add some new features I think you will enjoy, which I'll lay out in the feature list below.

RECOMMENDATIONS

It is HIGHLY recommended that you read the READ ME.html file included in the ZIP file before you upgrade or install. You don't want to be blind-sided, now do you? <b><font color=red>[Chỉ có thành viên mới xem link được. <a href="register.php"> Nhấp đây để đăng ký thành viên......</a>]</font></b>

NEW INSTALLATIONS

Download and Unzip the contents of the ZIP file.
Upload the contents of the "UPLOAD to Forum Root" folder to your forum's root directory. (This is the directory where your vBulletin is physically installed.) Also, if you've renamed your Admin CP folder, be sure to move the admincp folder's contents to your renamed directory.
CHMOD (<b><font color=red>[Chỉ có thành viên mới xem link được. <a href="register.php"> Nhấp đây để đăng ký thành viên......</a>]</font></b>) your amecache folder to 777.
Go to your Admin CP »» Plugins & Products »» Manage Products »» Add/Import Products and import the product-djs_AME-2.5.7.xml file.
Your Admin CP should automatically refresh and you should now see the AME CP somewhere below your vBulletin Options menu.

TO UPGRADE

If you are upgrading from AME 2.5.6.

Delete custom definitions specifically for Amazon, Dailymotion, Metacafe, Vimeo and YouTube. (Key names: amazon, dailymotion,metacafe, vimeo and youtube) Theses five definitions are now hard coded into the product and will be updated along with the product if need be. You can back these up if you need to, but keep in mind if you use any custom defs for these sites, they will be duplicated every time you upgrade AME. So don't ask my why your videos are doubled up, or I'll throw rocks at you.
Upload the contents of the "UPLOAD to Forum Root" folder to your forum's root directory, overwriting previous versions of the files.
Ensure that your amecache directory is still CHMOD'd to 777.
Import the product-djs_AME-2.5.7.xml file into your Product Manager, making sure to set the option to Allow Overwrite to Yes.
If you are using the file cache, it is strongly recommended that you re-sync your cache using the Tools menu.

WHAT ELSE?

The following five posts will include:

Additional Screenshots
Full Features List
FAQ
Resources to develop your own custom definitions
AME History/Changelog