PDA

View Full Version : Word Links FREE (Turn words into links) by BOP5

PandavB
10-02-14, 10:23 AM
There are many options as you can see in the screenshot. You can choose to include the "nofollow" attribute, choose to open links in a new tab, choose to match whole words only or not, specify specific forums, enable in social groups and visitor messages, and disable completely for selected usergroups or styles.

Version: 2.0
New in 0.91: Limit the number of links created per keyword per post.
New in 0.92: Use CSS to customize the look of links created by this mod.
New in 0.93: Linked words now retain the same case as they were originally typed. Also a new option to specify whether linked words are case sensitive or not.
New in 0.935: Fixed conflict with VBSEO and possibly other mods. Upgrade if you are having problems.
New in 0.94: Made the "Custom CSS" an option to prevent unnecessary HTML if not needed.
New in 0.95: Enable or disable in PMs.
New in 0.96: Should fix conflicts with AME3 mod, restores same case change in 0.93.
New in 1.0: Additional code to prevent unintended linking. No new features.
New in 1.1: Set approximate number of max links per page.
New in 1.2: Fixed bug when Ampersands (&) were used in keywords.
New in 1.3: Added optional notice on posts with links and associated phrase.
New in 1.5: Two new features: 1) You can now use a csv data file for your links (and advanced features) if you prefer and 2) You can use a custom user profile field to allow users to disable the mod individually if you choose.
New in 1.5a: Updated German language file thanks to Igel1.
New in 1.6: Fixed bug if keyword was part of thread title and thread title was a link in the post. (VB4 Only)
New in 1.7: Added field to extend the regex easily through the mod settings. Included fix for bold/font color links.
New in 2.0: Rewritten more efficient code. Added option to disable by styleid. Added GOLD version.

Example... If someone types:

"I bought it on Amazon."

This mod can auto convert it to:

"I bought it on Amazon."

And you would presumably put your Amazon affiliate code, if you had one, in the link.

NOTE: This mod does not alter the actual posts or the database. Disabling or uninstalling the mod will remove all links.

There is a VB3 and VB4 version of this mod, please download the correct version.

Full instructions in zip file.

Notice:
Since the following words are used in HTML tags I would avoid them as keywords:
style, div, class, pre, href, img, html, meta, name, rel, nofollow, and link.

I would also avoid any single letter or two letter keywords since they could easily be used accidentally in places you weren't intending.